Monday, October 19, 2009

I still have the touch!

Today, I had a very rewarding day. I helped a teenage mom find temporary housing for herself and her 6 month old baby boy.

When I went to pick her up, he was sitting on the floor on his tummy. I crouched down and of course oohed and ahhhed over him and talked to him, and the first thing he did was look up at me and give me this ridiculously precious grin! One person said "he must really like you to smile at you like that!"

I picked him up immediately and had problems letting him go, hehe. He was just sitting there looking at me and smiling and laughing. It made my heart melt. As I transported them to their destination, hearing him giggle and laugh and talk in the backseat of my car made me literally warm and fuzzy inside. I just kept thinking "one day...one day. This won't be the last time I'll hear those sounds from my own back seat."

He had an adorable headful of curls and was light skinned, with the most beautiful dark brown eyes. *sigh*...he stole my heart.

And I realized that even though I'm not around babies regularly...I still have my touch. I can still pick up a baby and know exactly what to do. I thank God that he has gifted me with this ability, and that it has been with me for years. Most of all, that it has stayed with me.

But of course, this experience has left me even more heartsick for a baby. They are seriously one of the main joys of my life.


I am hopeful for this month. I think it will be very difficult for me to go to my appointment the first week in November and find out that I didn't even ovulate. Pray for me that I will be able to accept whatever happens. It gets harder and harder sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you. Please keep me updated. I really hope you are able to regulate your cycle this time, so you can start trying again. You have a real gift with children and I know God didn't give you these desires without a reason! Be prayerful and be hopeful! Sometimes God doesn't give us what we THINK we want, but rather what He wants us to have. And then what He wants becomes what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm praying for you dear! i love you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete