Monday, October 26, 2009

Scary.

I have had this weird pulling sensation in my ovaries/uterus since yesterday. It has intensified today. It seems like the only relief I get is when I sit down at my desk. Even still, I can still feel dull cramping. When I walk around, it constantly feels like something is being pulled.

I called the doctor's office to speak to my doctor, but she was not in today, and after describing to the nurse what is going on, she set me up for an appointment and said that I needed to get in and be looked at. Despite the fact that I have a follow up appointment already scheduled during the first week of November.

Can we say scary? I'm hoping it's nothing major, but it was concerning enough to call the doctor's office. I've heard too many stories of overstimulated ovaries and such that scare me too badly.

What's worse is the doctor that is in today is...a male. I really, really feel uncomfortable about a male examining me. Being examined period is not fun. I have a feeling they're going to do that oh so invasive internal exam again, where they take pictures of my ovaries. Oh goody.

What a great Monday.

Please pray for me, that everything will turn out all right and I will figure out what is going on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're going through such pain!!! :( It was really smart of you to go ahead and call a doctor -- too many people wait on stuff like that and pay for it later.

    Don't be too nervous about a male examining you. My ob/gyn is a male. I think I would've freaked out just as much with a female, honestly. I've actually heard that male ob/gyns are more gentle than female ob/gyns for some reason...so you could actually have a good experience, hopefully?

    Just remember that it's a job for him. The examination is, to him, the same thing that a teeth examination is to dentists...it's just what he does. If need be, close your eyes. That's what I did. :/

    Please keep me updated...I want to hear how everything goes. I'm so sorry Ashley. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to be seen by a male, too. Men have NO real knowledge of what a woman goes through, no matter how much they have studied and what they think they know, they do not understand. Women OBs know and understand because they have a period, too.

    ReplyDelete