Thursday, August 6, 2009

About before and after pictures...

I really want to do this, but I'm so afraid that I won't be able to tell a difference. Is that silly? Like right now. Even though I have, at this point, lost 10 pounds, I don't feel like I look any different. Well, I think my legs and butt are skinnier, but other than that...not a whole lot.

However, I know that it has made a difference. I think I am going to keep a record of highlights I have noticed due to losing weight.

Highlights of my weight loss thus far:

1) I can now put my wedding band and engagement ring on my finger without first having to use lotion to make sure it slides on instead of getting stuck halfway down my finger. This is a huge accomplishment, because my tight rings made me feel sad.

2) I feel like my double chin is significantly less noticeable. I am afraid to post before and after pictures for fear that it's all in my head.

3) One pair of jeans that were unwearable are now tight, but wearable.

4) I've lost an ohsolittle bit of back fat. I don't have too much, but I acquired a little and it made me really sad.

Frustrations:

1) I still have my pudgy, pregnant looking stomach. Still have to hide it with a big shirt.

2) I acquired stretch marks on my stomach from my significant weight gain since being off of the pill.

3) My chin still gathers up underneath my face when I look down at something, creating a huge double chin.

Ah, oh well. Just keep losing, just keep losing...

1 comment:

  1. I really can't wait to see before/after pictures...I bet you look great. But I understand having a hesitation to post them...at the very least, TAKE the pictures and save them for a later date when you may want to post them. I think it's encouraging to SEE progress...it's sometimes nicer than having a lower number because you have a visual. That being said, CONGRATS on the 10 pounds and I bet you look absolutely fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete