Monday, August 10, 2009

What's left?

I'm developing food aversions.

Right now, it makes me sick to even think of these foods, but I want to document it...so I'm going to brave through this.
-eggs
-chicken and tuna salad
-yogurt (this is a new development, but I could barely get it down this morning)

Who knew that this medicine could make me have food aversions?

Also, I didn't get very far through lunch today.
Wesley took me out for lunch, and I sat down at Dixie Castle to a beautiful meatloaf, mashed potatoes (the rest of my carbs for the day) pinto beans, and cole slaw. I was so happy to actually be eating REAL food. I think I actually did a little dance in my seat as I savored the first bite.

I got a few more bites into it and started feeling nauceous.
I got a to-go box, dangit.

Oh, and randomly, when I woke up this morning, I weighed myself for the first time since...Wednesday? and I have lost another three pounds.
I blinked several times to make sure I was reading it correctly.

It could be though that yesterday was not good to me in the slightest, and I probably easily drank a liter of water and then some.

I can see how people lose weight on this medicine; when you're nauceous all the time, it's difficult to gain!

But hey, I'm not complaining too terribly bad...right? I'm happy that this medicine is going to hopefully help me get down to a healthy weight and also regulate my insulin.

I'm just sad I can't enjoy my comfort foods like I used to.

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Metformin is NOT being nice to you is it?? I'm so sorry... I got sick off Metformin the first week I was on it, then it started to taper off. I've been doing really great since then though. I hope your body finally adapts! Stay away from those foods! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...you don't have to copyright that photo of you that I took...I'm not a "real" photographer. :P Hehe. But it made me smile nonetheless.

    Sorry your medicine is being such a jerk to you...and not being able to enjoy your comfort foods? Also sad. =( At least there is the benefit of losing weight, but I understand the need to just have a plate of mashed potatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so sorry that medicine is giving you such a hard time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, i'm sorry that the medicine is crap! but HURRAH for losing more weight!! that is fantastic! and i understand your aversion to eggs-- i've been eating them for breakfast for the past 6 weeks or so and UGH. i never liked them to begin with, but now i think i hate them. you should chronicle the foods that you do like and can handle-- that way you'd know the good things too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea, sarah! *goes to create a new post*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, Met KILLED me at first.
    And now, I am on 1500 mg, have lost about 40 pounds over the course of a year ... and I know there is light at the end of your tunnel!!!

    ReplyDelete