Friday, August 28, 2009

It really is a good excuse.

Hormones.

Mine are out of whack right now.

I always thought that this was a pathetic excuse women used to justify their complete out of control emotions. That it was more due to lack of self-discipline and due to pure self-wallowing that caused women to cry at the drop of a hat. I had some times where I would cry, but it would usually take a lot of thought and pondering, and I had to be hurting pretty bad to cry fairly fast.

And then I started taking this medication. The medication is meant to regulate my hormones. But, of course, in the process, my hormones are changing and adjusting and such.

I cry at the drop of a hat now. Seriously.

As I type this, I am teary-eyed from a country song that came on my Pandora station. I guess I should know better then to listen to country alone while working late.

Oh, and one thing that will ALWAYS...and I mean, ALWAYS get me, is the quote:

"Because, after all, a person’s a person, no matter how small.”

Man, I am about to lose it just now as I read it.

We watched "Horton Hears a Who" last night. I held back tears throughout the whole thing, really, but anytime that quote was said...I couldn't help but cry. Oh, and I literally wanted to bawl at the very end, when little Jo Jo finally found his voice...aw, man. That just killed me. If it weren't for Wesley being in the room, I would have lost it.

So, you see, all of these things are adding up to this whole "hormone" excuse. I really am a crazy wreck right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I wish I could say it gets better but... well... lol it doesn't. You'll keep crying at the littlest things, but you know what? It's okay! I cry when I forget to close the garage door...

    ReplyDelete