Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bleck, bleck, bleck.

I feel like I'm having a major fat day.

My stomach feels twice as big as usual. I'm doing the low carb thing, so today I had rice krispies for breakfast, and made hamburger patties for lunch. I didn't feel so good after eating the hamburger patties. I felt like they were loaded with grease, and that didn't make me feel like I'm doing any good at all. I know that it probably is, especially with me eating the less carbs...but it sure doesn't feel like it.

I might be feeling crappy today also due to eating over my recommended daily intake of sodium yesterday. Even though I was well below my calories, the sodium was through the roof (thank you, hot dogs and movie popcorn). I have noticed when I eat sodium, I tend to bloat very easily.

I know I've just got to keep persevering, but sometimes, it's difficult. And I get bitter. Bitter that there are so many women out there that can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound. Women that are ridiculously fertile and at 23 are already on their second baby.

But I can't get caught up in that, because I can only work with what God has given me. I guess I sometimes feel like I've been given a crappy deal. But only God knows what is in store for my life.

1 comment:

  1. I often feel that way about other women, too...just comparing myself to them. Women who are skinnier, have clearer skin. Clear skin is a huge issue for me. I'm not way vocal about it (or maybe I am and don't realize), but acne is my biggest insecurity. It doesn't run in my family (everyone else in my family has flawless skin) and it's something that still gets comments. Just the other day, my grandmother asked me if I "was still washing my face" and recommended some soaps for me...I told her I wash my face daily and use Proactiv (and try desperately to cover the rest up with makeup) but she acted like I wasn't doing anything to stop it. But I do understand the part about feeling like you've been given a "crappy deal." Obviously, acne is nothing compared to what you're going through...but I do relate.

    Remember that verse about how God only gives us as much as we can bear...God is trusting you with a lot lately with all you've been going through and that's an honor. Read the most recent two blog entries (the one before the most recent one first, then the most recent one) from one of the women at my new church. I think you'll relate to it...it's http://www.tiffany-everyday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete