Sunday, August 2, 2009

My OCD self caused me to need to create a new blog.

My obsession with categorizing things is becoming a bit ridiculous.

You'd think due to this trend, that I'm really an organized person. That's just not true. I am an otter to the core, if you've taken the animal test. I am scatterbrained and cluttered. But, for some reason, there are a few areas that I am quote "organized" in. These would be:

playlists. I have at least 10 created on playlist.com, and each are different. Even if this means I only have 5 songs on one playlist, then that's just how it is.

blogs. Xanga is the exception. Since I have blogged on xanga on again, off again since Freshman year, it had always been a journal to just voice my thoughts. It is still that. But, as some can attest to, once I created an account on blogger, I began changing my blogs fairly regularly. I just can't stand to have an actual blog on blogger.com, and it not be themed.

journals. I'm just not someone who can keep a journal and jot down whatever thoughts come to my mind (unless of course, internally, I have decided that the journal will be a journal for whatever thoughts come to my mind). If this is not declared upon first writing in the journal, it will not become that. And I will fill up approximately 5.5 pages before I will decide that it is too frustrating to have a journal without a theme. Also, the journal has to look similar to whatever theme it is. For example, if I were taking a trip to India, I would want a journal that looked Indian-themed. I would love to have a shelf of journals and be able to tell what section of my life they were from according to their designs.
(Of course, the side note is, I also have a phobia of writing in journals because I think my handwriting doesn't deserve any place besides a generic notebook).

That's all I can think of at this moment. I will let you know when I think of some more.

Anyway, this obsession may mean that I will post up to three posts in one day with different titles. I simply feel I won't be able to keep up blogging on a "blog" unless I first A) state the purpose of this blog and B) break each post into one topic so that I can stay focused. I may say screw this completely and decide to make it a 2nd "whatever flows into my head will go onto the page" type blog. But if that happens, don't expect much from this blog. Because I will get frustrated, and retreat back to xanga.

Wow, that was rather wordsy. Why don't we just get on with it?

1 comment:

  1. How can I find the animal test? I want to know what kind of animal I am. :) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete